One of the easiest ways to make a wedding memorable is to have a theme. Themes can be humorous, cultural, seasonal, venue-inspired or downright crazy but one thing they do is make your wedding unique and unforgettable. This is because although themes may be alike, each person’s interpretation of the theme is different.
Wedding themes are chosen for the main reasons of accessibility of resources and materials. Accessibility of resources literally means the cost of implementing the said theme – how expensive it will be to bring to life the theme of a carnival at your wedding, for instance. Accessibility of materials means the availability of the necessary decorating materials to create your theme wedding. Bringing in snow, for example, when you marry in summer may be a lot less appealing when you consider the extreme difficulty of creating the snow.
Here are a few examples of wedding themes:
- Seasonal themes – This is based on the four seasons, spring, summer, autumn and winter. If an autumn wedding is chosen then decor such as maple leaves are used as well as honey and golden colors are used for other decors. Spring wedding would warrant lots of flowers. Sunset wedding also falls into this category as the wedding will be held during sunset especially the exchange of vows.
- Venue-inspired themes. This is the kind of wedding the uses the venue as the theme. Such themes are the beach wedding, castle wedding and garden wedding.
- Cultural themes. It is interesting to see the different culture and through cultural theme wedding, guests are invited to experience them. Some popular cultural theme weddings are Indian summer wedding, Scottish wedding or Eastern wedding. Cultural wedding is usually adopted when it is a cross-cultural wedding.
- Humorous themes – This is the theme that will bring out fun and humor for the wedding. It could be anything from fancy dress such as the Retro theme, The Seventies, Halloween, Medieval Times and The Wild West.
- Color themes. Color themed wedding can be interesting as it is up to one’s creativity to use the chose color or colors. Themes like Goth or psychedelic are derived from color theme wedding.
- Extreme weddings. For the very adventurous are extreme wedding themes. These include the likes of underwater weddings, bungee-jumping points or mid-air weddings. More often than not, the couples who opts for extreme weddings are the outdoor type and would settle for anything ordinary.
A successful implementation of a theme lies solely on your hard work and creativity. When you are willing to put in that extra effort, you will see paid off in a form of contentment. For instance, you don’t need to paint the whole venue blue if the color blue is your theme; instead, you can use disposable wall paper or blue ribbons and bows and even flowers to grace the walls. If you need to do some major modifications to the venue, be sure you have the approval of the owner.
To be able to carry out the theme without faultless requires a great deal of work. That is why it is best to choose one close to your heart or your spouse’s. The themes chosen would usually revolved around hobbies or favorite pass time. For instance, a couple who loves football can choose this as their wedding theme. That way both can plan and think of creative ways to portray their love to each other through football.
Another popular theme wedding is one that is based on your careers. If both you and your spouse are in the financial sector, using a Money theme can be suitable while a Lounge theme is appropriate for couples who are in the media or entertainment industries. Otherwise, go totally different and have a theme wedding that has absolutely nothing to do with your careers.
If it is too difficult to merge two different careers, then pick a common interest – a love for cars, for instance, or a compulsion to travel.
When you choose a theme, remember, a great one is the one that is meaningful to both of you. It is one of the biggest day in your life so strive to make is a memorable one.
Melissa Cruz is a leading expert in planning for weddings and advices on the use of the right wedding decorations such as wedding cake toppers and so on according to the wedding themes to add to the enhancement of the overall deco of your wedding based on the wedding themes. For more wedding ideas, please visit her site today.